Landscapes3 is the comprehensive plan for Chester County, and renews the county's commitment to balancing growth and preservation to foster vibrant communities. Landscapes3 is organized around six goal areas: Preserve, Protect, Appreciate, Live, Prosper, and Connect, and addresses land use, growth, and preservation as part of the Landscapes Map.
Transportation is addressed primarily within the following recommendations of the Connect goal area of Landscapes3.
- Advance implementation of transportation improvements
- Advance multimodal transportation
- Embrace smart transportation improvements for roadways
- Conduct a freight study
- Promote bus service within growth areas
- Expand regional rail service
- Create a countywide, interconnected trail network
Chester County Public Transportation Plan
A bold and ambitious plan for public transportation that will redefine the commuter preferences, facilities, and experiences for Chester County residents and workers over the next 25 years. This plan was designed to achieve the objectives of the transportation goal of the county's 2014 Strategic Plan, "Enhance access to and use of transportation systems to reduce traffic congestion." View Plan