Texas Eastern Marcellus to Market (M2M) Project
May 2016 — Texas Eastern Transmission, LP (Texas Eastern) is seeking authorization from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) under the Natural Gas Act for the Marcellus to Market Project (M2M Project). The main goal of the Project is to increase capacity from Texas Eastern's existing Lambertville Station (Hunterdon County, NJ) to Eagle Station (Chester County, PA) while allowing for operational flexibility to manage changing flow directions due to increased receipts at Lambertville Station. Texas Eastern's current capability is limited by several factors, including limited flow capabilities, inability to pull suction, limited pressure flowing west, and operational issues arising from excess supply (greater demand) on the east side of Lambertville Station. To accomplish the Project objectives of increasing capacity and operational flexibility, upgrades at various existing facilities are required.
Within Chester County, project activity would occur at the existing Meter and Regulating (M&R) Station 70033 in East Vincent Township and the existing Eagle Station in Upper Uwchlan Township (refer to the attached Project maps). The proposed limit of disturbance at both sites is situated within the limits of the station properties with access along existing facility roads. Construction of these activities is anticipated to begin in March 2017 to meet a target in-service date of November 2017. The planned activities in Chester County are as follows:
- East Vincent — M&R 70033 — Install new gas chromatograph.
- Upper Uwchlan — Eagle Station
- Install new 20" suction line from low pressure 20" to existing electric unit (approx. 30') with a new filter separator
- Add check valve to M&R 70011
- Replace 12" valve 1-1807 with 20" auto valve
- Install 1 gas chromatograph to monitor lines 1-A and 1-H
- Modify pigging facilities to be bi-directional
- Replace current 6" PLO with 10" to reduce noise cover with building
An Environmental Report, which is required as part of the FERC application and review process, is currently being prepared for the Project.
Additional M2M project information and mapping:
- Marcellus to Market (M2M) Project Description
- M2M Overview Map
- Chester County M2M Aerial Maps
- Chester County M2M USGS Quad Maps
More information on the M2M project can be viewed at the Enbridge website.
FERC docket information will be provided when available.