Chester County Preservation Partnership Program — 2023 Grant Round Now Open
Posted December 19, 2022
The Chester County Department of Parks + Preservation is now accepting applications for its Municipal and Conservancy grant programs. Applications are due on February 28, 2023 by 4 p.m.
The Municipal Program advances the county's Strategic Plan, and Landscapes3, the county's comprehensive plan, by awarding funds to local governments to assist them with providing parks, trails, and preserves for their citizens.
- Acquisition Grants fund a maximum of 50% of the appraised value to buy land, conservation easements, or trail easements plus eligible transaction costs.
- Park and Trail Improvement Grants fund park facility and trail construction costs at a maximum of 50% up to $250,000 for parks of 20 or more contiguous acres, and a maximum of 25% up to $100,000 for parks less than 20 acres.
The Conservancy Program advances the county's Strategic Plan, and Landscapes3, the county's comprehensive plan, by awarding funds to non-profit land conservation organizations to assist them with preserving land and connecting people to the land.
- Acquisition Grants
- Natural Area Preservation grants fund a maximum of 50% of the appraised value to buy land, conservation easements, or trail easements plus eligible transaction costs.
- Farmland Preservation grants fund up to the lesser of $3,000 per acre or 33% of the appraised value, plus eligible transaction costs for easement purchases and up to the lesser of $5,000 per acre or 33% of the appraised value, plus eligible transaction costs for fee simple purchases.
- Public Benefit Improvement Grants fund up to 50% of eligible costs with a $50,000 maximum for the construction of publicly accessible trails and trail-related amenities, and for nature-based improvements on permanently preserved land that will benefit water quality or contribute to habitat restoration.
To view the grant program materials, visit https://www.chesco.org/4647/Preservation-Partnership-Program.
Please contact Judy Thomas at 610-344-5499 or email@example.com to find out more about these programs and the grant application process.