Other Natural Resources Inventories
There are a number of publications and web pages that address natural resources within Chester County, some of which are listed below. As a general rule, all of these publications should only be used for preliminary evaluations, and are not a substitute for a field view.
Inventories of geology, soils, and land forms
Some of the below publications are years old, but the information contained in them is still valid.
- View the Geologic Formations map, published in 2001 by the Chester County Planning Commission (based on USGS digital mapping of 1996).
- View the Chester County Geology document, published in 1994 by the Chester County Planning Commission.
- View the Engineering Characteristics of the Rocks of Pennsylvania report, published in 1982 by the PA Geological Survey.
- View the Chester County Natural Environment and Planning: Landforms, Geology, Soils, Woodlands, and Climate document, published in 1963 by the Chester County Planning Commission. This document includes information on landforms and geomorphology that is still valid.
Inventories of water bodies and hydrology
- View Watersheds - An Integrated Water Resources Management Plan for Chester County, Pennsylvania and Its Watersheds, published in 2002 by the Chester County Water Resources Authority.
- View the Online Water Maps Gallery, maintained and updated by the Chester County Water Resources Authority.
- View the FEMA Flood Hazard Areas map published in 2018 by the Chester County Planning Commission (based on FEMA digital mapping of 2017).
- View Planning Bulletin #33: Wetlands, published in 2002 by the Chester County Planning Commission.
Inventories of plants, wildlife, and habitats
- View Planning Bulletin #51: Native Plants, published in 1996 by the Chester County Planning Commission.