The Landscapes3 plan involves an iterative, cooperative process. Progress is monitored online throughout the process. There continues to be opportunities to offer comments, ideas, and concerns about the update throughout the process. Input is invited during all phases. The update is occurring in three phases:
Phase 1 — #TellUsL3 — Understanding the Issues (2016/2017)
This phase seeked to collect background information on issues and trends and the effectiveness of the original Landscapes plan.
- Fact sheets
- Topical surveys
- Trend reports
Phase 2 — #GuideUsL3 — Constructing the Vision (2017/2018)
The preparation of the draft plan involves several steps:
- The vision for Landscapes3 will be developed and refined;
- The steering committee will guide this phase;
- Public input will be gathered throughout the process though a survey, public meetings around the county, and comments on the website;
- Draft material will be available for comment;
- A revised Livable Landscapes map will be prepared; and
- A public hearing will be held before consideration by the Board of County Commissioners for adoption, in accordance with the Municipalities Planning Code, Act 247.
Phase 3 — #WorkWithUsL3 — Implementing the Plan (2019)
This phase will implement the recommendations in Landscapes3 through:
- Programs, grants and actions by the County and partners; and
- Annual tracking of implementation efforts.