The Landscapes3 plan will involve an iterative, cooperative process. Progress will be monitored online throughout the process. There will be opportunities to offer comments, ideas, and concerns about the update throughout the process. Input is invited during all phases. The update will occur in three phases:
Phase 1 — #TellUsL3 — Understanding the Issues (2016/2017)
This phase seeks to collect background information on issues and trends and the effectiveness of the original Landscapes plan.
- Stakeholder meetings
- Public photo contest
- Topical surveys
Phase 2 — #GuideUsL3 — Constructing the Vision (2017/2018)
The preparation of the draft plan will involve several steps:
- The vision for Landscapes3 will be developed and refined;
- A steering committee will be formed to guide this phase, which will also include regional meetings and public opinion surveys;
- Draft material will be available for comment;
- A revised Livable Landscapes map will be prepared; and
- A public hearing will be held before consideration by the Board of County Commissioners for adoption, in accordance with the Municipalities Planning Code, Act 247.
Phase 3 — #WorkWithUsL3 — Implementing the Plan (2019)
This phase will implement the recommendations in Landscapes3 through:
- Programs, grants and actions by the County and partners; and
- Annual tracking of implementation efforts.