The update to Landscapes is envisioned to achieve the following objectives:
- Take the pulse of public opinion through surveys, public meetings and events, and on-line opportunities;
- Engage with experts representing various planning topics, including preservation, agriculture, housing, economic development, transportation, utilities and infrastructure, and community health;
- Develop Landscapes3 in a collaborative way, from data gathering through plan development;
- Create a steering committee that can speak to existing conditions and future challenges and opportunities;
- Maintain an open and transparent process throughout the update; and
- Enact an updated plan that serves the County for the next ten years.